Existentialism part 1

Well I am currently reading a primer on existentialism, the first portion of the rather small book is "Notes from the Underground" by Dostoevsky. Needless to say the writing of Dostoevsky is just as lenghty and drawn out as his novels. If anyone understands the basic premis of part one of "Notes from the Underground" please help me and fill me in a bit. I think I get the gist but who knows?

At the moment Dostoevsky seems to be talking about the utter depravity of humans and their vain interactions, but I'm only a few pages into it.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Olivia update - She has been sleeping off and on today but has been interacting with music and with Katie and I reading to her (different books of course, Katies reading Harry Potter, I'm reading Redwall to her)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer