Siddhartha


Its actually been quite sometime since I finished a personal reading book. Unfortunatly about a month and a half ago I started reading Siddhartha by Herman Hesse in my own personal attempt to broaden my understanding of other religions. While my undergraduate program was excellent for studying christianity (even if it was one sided) looking at other religions for the sake of understanding not conversion wasn't somthing that was valued. I read this particular book and found it extreamly thought provoking. I am still mulling over some of the ideas that were brought forth as well as some of the scenes particularly those that are involved with the river, but for now here are some of the quotes I liked the best.

"Writing is good, thinking is better. Cleverness is good, patience is better."

"Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, be fortified by it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer