The Simple Pleasures of Life

This past Friday I had a interesting time. Actually it was quite simple, I had a fortunate stroke of luck with my tv. I went to bed and of course my wife was already asleep (she had an extreamly busy week at work) and I turned on the cable and saw that a Paul McCarthy concert in St. Petersburg Russia was being played. Now for those of you who don't know I am a huge Beatles fan, and of course I have some albums that the fab 4 did as individuals. As I was watching the concert I couldn't help but sing along and I found myself thinking, whats wrong with these simple pleasures? My normal diet for music recently has been politically charged stuff or songs with heavy lyrics. It had been a long time since I had just listened to some music just for fun with odd or even funny lyrics. Because of watching that concert I have gone into a Beatles listening frenzy over the last several days and I have listened to every Paul McCarthy CD I have, tommorrow I start on my Beatles list.

I also got to spend time on Saturday with two future brother's-in-law. It was nice just to have a day to spend with the guys. And I don't mind saying we were completely lazy. We watched t.v. (the history channel) ate pizza, drank beer and Irish wisky we also enjoyed a smoke. One had a Cigar and I had my pipe (I'm only an occasional smoker and just socially at that). I found it was a very simple time and I look forward to taking the time to notice the pleasures we engaged in as well as the company. I feel that as I slowly settle down in my mind I will be able to see those opportunities quicker and take advantange of them. This past weekend has proved to me more than ever my need to settle down so that I won't miss those opportunities with my friends and more importanly my wife and my daughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer