Long Time, No See

It’s been a long time since I posted anything. Having suffered from a small bit of burn out in my second year of seminary, I have found it’s difficult to write or even read on this summer break. I may have a bit more time and incentive this week because I’m suffering from and outer, as well as inner ear infection. This plight has me waking up at five in the morning being unable to sleep because of the pain. Hopefully the benefit to this is I will post more and get back into the habit.

This morning I was glancing over the titles posts at The Daily Scribe and I found a post by Clyde Grubbs that states that religious liberals are more concerned about deeds rather than creeds. Being in my semi-conscious daze this morning I didn’t read the rest of the post, but I began to think about this idea. I am honest I still struggle between the boundary of being a religious liberal or religious conservative. I am politically liberal because in large part I find the religious conservative doctrine difficult to apply to broad community life. I do have a desire to have “right doctrine,” but for me this is more of a question of making sense of my life. So while I operate out of liberal tendencies I find that I look for certainties, which is the plight of conservative doctrine. This is an interesting conundrum to consider and I may write more about it in the future.

Comments

beepbeepitsme said…
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." Steven Weinberg
wes said…
Beepbeepitsme - while I appriciate your incentive to post a comment, I would appriciate it more if you would say something directly rather than quote someone else. Its hard to have a conversation that way. In the case of Weinberg, I obviously have to disagree even if on some levels I may agree. Even if "Religion is an insult to human dignity" its here to stay and shows no sign of leaving the human race, so either way it must be delt with. The rest of the quote I agree with but fail to see its relavence to my personal quest for a cohearant theology and mode of living. All in all though thanks for posting.

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer