What a Week

This week has been massively busy, even though it has been busy in large it has been good as well. This week was worship week for United Methodist. Monday night we had the band Stained Glass from my home church Avondale play. The service probably had the best turn out of any Monday night this semester, there were 20 people not including the worship team.

Then on Tuesday I preached in Santee chapel. I was worried about several things in the service. For one I preached on the ground level not in the pulpit. While I consider it an honor to preach in the chapel I woke up Tuesday morning and realized that I couldn’t say what I wanted to say from there. I also preached in bare feet, an old trait I got from my parents. It has to do with comfort and to me with acknowledging the fact that where ever the word of God is preached it is holy ground. I also ended my sermon with a call to salvation or recommitment of their lives to Christ, that didn’t appear to go over very well from the expressions that I saw in the congregation.

Wednesday we then had communion and our dean preached. His sermon was excellent and was a very evangelical sermon, not the type of sermon you typically hear in our chapel.

Besides all of this I have many papers to write, so you may not hear from me next week but I’ll be back for certain. For everyone out there who reads please pray for me, I desperately need a vacation from school. My patience isn’t what it should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer