Planet Earth

Last night I watched the program Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel. I love watching nature shows, this love affair started when I was young and would watch Wild America before I went to bed at night. Since getting married I don't watch as many nature shows as I would like. My wife tends to find them a bit morbid, which is true of some nature shows where they will spend 15-20 minutes on a kill scene of a predator. I am happy to say though that this discovery channel program was fantastic, so much so that my wife even liked it. The cinematography was excellent, the narrators voice perfect, and the over all quality such that I want to buy the series on DVD. The only other nature series that I have even begun to buy was Blue Planet which I highly recommend.
Check out the web site for Planet Earth this web site is excellent and gives you a brief taste of what the show is about. Personally I love it because it reminds me how much God has cared for this planet, that he made each creature and that he took special time for humanity.

Comments

I saw it, too...GREAT show. Beautiful shots.

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer