Weekend Review

Well I have a few minutes while Olivia watches Wallace and Gromit, (don't ask me, she just loves them) to post some comments about the last several days. First I haven't heard anything about a job yet, and you better believe that this is in the forefront of my mind. We looked at two apartments on Friday with one coming out in a definite lead. We'll go and see two more this coming Friday. Of course the problem is that even if I work at Lenscrafter 40 hours a week we still won't make enough to cover bills and rent an apartment. I'm praying a lot to get called to a church, even if its part time, I just need to get out of retail.

Any way, on Saturday after working a full shift I went to the youth group lock in. What an adventure, it was complete with 8th graders making 6th graders cry, and God knows what else. Over all I think it was a good night, yet in conversation with the Youth minister we recognized that there needs to be a lot of work done with these kids over relationships and how Christ wants us to act with one another.

Of course because this lock in was over Saturday night we didn't attend church in the morning. I came home and immediately slept for several hours. We then went outside to give Olivia some sledding time. Over all a good but exhausting weekend. There are still a lot of ends loose but prayerfully things will come together in the next month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer