The End

As far as I’m concerned my seminary career is done. True I have graduation on Saturday, as well as other events but here I am this week faced with an almost scary prospect…I’m not in school any more. I went from High School to College, and then College to Seminary. In essence I have been going to school almost as long as I’ve been alive (about 19yrs, I’m only 25).

The realization came over me last Thursday, when I walked out of my Christology class and realized that that class was the last one I had to take. Now of course I’m not talking about continuing education, but just the sheer fact that I am no longer working toward a degree. For the last 8 years I have had this week in mind, now that I’m here I’m in some ways wondering what happens next. Christ has been present through my entire educational experience, even the times I didn’t think he was; now he is at a new crossroad with me. What is next? Only He knows.

P.S. I feel this is doubly fitting for my blog right now. This is my 100th post. I started this blog at the beginning of my seminary career and its going with me beyond.

Comments

Art said…
Congratulations Wes. Of course you could go for your doctorate...
wes said…
Not any time soon :)
Christopher said…
"I have set before you life and Ph.D., blessings and curses. Choose life..." (adapted from Deut. 30:19). As a recent seminary grad (2006), I wish you Godspeed on the new life before you.
Great job! What a feeling! Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer