The Silmarillion

This week I finally finished JRR Tolkien's "The Silmarillion" I had tried to read it once years ago in 9th grade, needless to say I didn't make it to far. This time I loved reading it, it was definitely one of the best reads I've done for a long time. Tolkien's imagery and storytelling are perfect making the pages just fly by.

One thing I have to talk about as well is Hairspray the movie. My family has been watching this movie a lot over the last several weeks, I recommend it to everyone. It must be noted that this movie deals with some powerful themes of racism and various forms of discrimination but in a playful way.

I've also been spending some time cooking lately, partly because I nearly crashed last week. After doing two services and working 30 hours at my other job I needed ways to relax and cooking was where it was at this week. I made homemade marshmallows, as well as a full meal with flavored olive oil, pasta, and desert form my future sister-in-law (my brother just proposed to her).

Hopefully in the next week I'll have a little more time to reflect and write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer