Passing Death

When I walk through the hospital and see the people in their beds I wonder how many of them see me as death walking through the hallways. There I am in my shirt and collar, trying to minister to people, and yet I wonder how many of them see me as death coming to collect my own, I am collecting the person for their funeral. It doesn't feel very healthy and caring, I know its part of Gods call upon me to care for those who are both spiritually and physically hurt. May God help me to do what I need to do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I believe people do think that. When my grandfather was in the hospital very sick(and dying) their Pastor walked in wearing his collar. When he saw him (he didn't know who he was) he started to cry. But the Pastor didn't talk to him about the sickness or being in the hospital, he talked to him about everyday things and then my grandfather was fine. I think the people know what is happening to them but if you talk to them about other things it would make them not have to think about being sick or dying for at least a few moments.
Anonymous said…
Wes,
I have had 4 freinds go to the Lord this past year. I too felt like the Angle of Death. It was hard on me when I made my last vists to these people. To see the pain in their eyes, and their longing to go home.
This is truley the hardest part in ministry. They can teach you, and you can read the scriptures, but they can not teach you how to look it to the thier eyes and the eyes of the families that are hurt and suffering. I pray that God would give you the strength and wisdom during these times that you may Be Light of Hope to the sick and dying.
You Brother in Christ,
Ron

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer