Fire

The last several months have been extremely hectic around here. I've been devoting time to reworking my committees, working on a stewardship campaign, and general church revitalization as well as learning about this congregation in general. This past week there was a fire that destroyed 4 homes and damaged 2 others. The Red Cross brought the people here to the church where we were able to work with the Red Cross and provide food, clothing, and comfort to those in need. This was a very positive experience for me, and I pray something I can build on with the church. We were interviewed by the local news station and I actually ended up on the 5 o'clock news, so I've had my 30 seconds of fame.
Needless to say this event threw my entire week into confusion but I am thankful for the opportunity we had to minister to these people in need. Apparently we did such a good job that the Red Cross said they would make sure to use us again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer