General Life Update

I just felt like posting this time what all is happening here at home. Katie and I have finally joined a gym, which we will start working out together tommorrow at. We have also decided our next shopping trip to go on an augmented South Beach Diet. Katie and I were doing that diet when I was in seminary for a couple of months the first semester but then we got pregnant and that went out the window. We decided to augment it to include some things we will go easy on but won't give up. For example, I drink hot tea, and yes I will use sugar. But other than that we are going to follow basically everything else, we will also be including some breads but of course making sure we are just using whole grains, the fact of the matter is we have a three year old so some food items just can't be wiped out (like the bread, and pasta, mac and cheese is one of the two basic food groups for a three year old, the other is chicken nuggets).
Katie and I are both very excited about this, and I think because of that excitement we will be more likely to hold ourselves to it. Also the fact that we are talking about it together and committing to exercising together I think will go a long way. What is my reward at the end of all this? Well besides feeling good, and living longer, if I have a reasonable weight loss and health regained by my birthday in June. I will finally get a tattoo, yup you heard right, a tattoo.

Comments

Art said…
Good luck. I cannot tell you how much better I feel since losing weight. I hope you have a similar experience...

And Happy New Year!
wes said…
When I was working at the printing plant two summers ago I dropped 30 pounds. I felt fantastic. All I was doing was being active, not really concentrated exercising, in fact I gained that weight back because I moved back into sedentary working conditions. I'm hoping the difference will be fantastic.

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer