Double post

I decided today I will do a double post. A lot of things have been happening here in Allentown, both in the church and in my personal life. One thing from my personal life I can't post yet but I'll do that soon enough. One of the top items is that one of my hearing aids was destroyed. The dog got a hold of it. I can laugh about it now but when it happened the dog was luck I didn't get rid of it. So for the last week I have struggled to find out how to get hearing aids. They are not covered under the conference health insurance, renters insurance didn't cover it either. For those of you that don't know (which is most people) the average set of hearing aids is 3,000 dollars, that means the dog had a 1,500 dollar snack. Also the majority of insurances don't cover hearing aids so that means your on your own. The only way Katie and I figured I could get a new set was to get a second job, which of course is against the discipline but I had to try. When I talked to the DS I got the answer I expected, I couldn't get a second job, however she offered to talk to a few people and see what she could find to help. Long story short she talked to the chair of BOM and they have decided to purchase me new hearing aids. I cannot thank them or God enough for this. If this wouldn't have happened I would be without hearing aids for some time which I can't do (I only have 30% total of my hearing so if I'm missing one...you do the math).

The other thing that has happened is there was a real heart to heart last night at my Ad Council meeting. One individual brought up that we have been struggling with attendance and we can't be doing that. I basically countered with "should we close the church." Everyone said no, thankfully because I don't want to, but I needed them to face these questions and realize that I can't do everything. This is a is a sign of the much larger work that God will be doing with Emmanuel, my hope and prayer is that the people will start to take a more direct interest in their church and in the future of their church.

One last note, I started another blog www.devotionsforstudy.blogspot.com this is for my churches bible study and Sunday school. All of the post are my own little devotional writings on what we are studying so feel free to check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer