Ecclesiastes 3:11

Ecclesiastes 3:11 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

This verse contains an important lesson for someone like me. I’m one of those individuals who need to plan things out. Even if I know the event won’t happen like that or that the plans will change I still need to plan things out. I long to have the answer of what will happen before me, I long for stability, I long for that sense of eternity. I’m not saying I long for death I don’t think that is what the Teacher had in mind here in this verse; I think its Gods plan. But there is reality, I don’t know, I can’t know what is going on, it’s just not possible. Even if I take the book of Revelation literally this verse makes it clear that there is no way for us to understand what is going to happen neither in our life time nor in the life span of the world. I believe that this lesson is part of good Christian living. This is a lesson that all of us need to learn. In some way shape or form all of us strive to control our environment, or life situations, heck even our church, but ultimately God is the one who knows the plan and we have to be ready to let go of our plans and all him to lead us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer