Work

I work all the time, and there is something that I have noticed lately about working while being a pastor, and that is that I don’t feel like I’m working. Just a few months ago, for the provisioner process in the Eastern Pa conference I mapped out all my hours. What I found was that I am averaging 60 hours a week, and right now I know if I took the time to map out my hours again I would find the same average being maintained. There are a couple of reasons I find this fascinating, one is that I have had some really rough weeks, tough conversations, and even tougher situations and more often than not I still want to go to work the next day. Another item that I find fascinating is that I while I may be running around doing things, I find that I still like my job. There has been trying experiences in the past two years, there have been situations I wish I would never have been put in, but I still enjoy doing what I do. I love being able to study scripture, foster community, and engage in worship with others.
The desire I have in my life right now is to continue to have that joy. I want to continue seeking God’s input and direction as I work on and with his church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer