Eragon


My second book of the New Year, and I have to say an excellent read. It certainly isn’t difficult, all 730 pages only took 1.5 days to read, but the plot moves quite well and the story does retain your interest.

There are many elements in this book that remind me of Lord of the Rings and the Narnia books the major difference is the dragon. Personally I think this book is well worth reading by any fantasy reader. It really is a book purely for entertainment purposes. I actually read the book at the insistence of my wife, who is not a very big reader. Olivia and I had gotten her this book for Christmas and my wife read it in only 1 week. It interested her enough to go and buy the second book with her Christmas money. Now all that’s left is to take her to see the movie. Hopefully we can do that before it leaves the big screen. In the end I give this book 3.5 out of 5, being that it is purely entertainment but not incredibly original, defiantly take this book for a read on vacation or when you just want to relax for a little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer