Life and Daddy's Tie

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to write book reviews for the various text books I’ve had for class. When I was making note of the books I read I was struck by the fact that I would re-read very few of the. That being the case I decided to forgo writing reviews of each one and only write a review for one particular book which I am currently re-reading. So you can look forward to seeing some good reviews in the future on this site, especially since I’m not going to waste the time in writing reviews for bad books.

I have noticed that I haven’t posted on anything having to do with daily life for a little while (and what I mean by daily life is what’s going on and my family). So here goes the update. While I am counting down the days to graduation there are a few very pressing concerns on my plate right now. One being I don’t have a job yet. I became a certified candidate almost 2 months ago and have been praying for an appointment since. My spiritual journey unfortunately has meant that I am not becoming an Elder right now which is fine, except I also don’t have a job. So because of that in a few short months my family will have no where to live, particularly because we have not made enough to apply for an apartment and I don’t have a job that is willing to write a letter saying I have the potential to get more hours (thank you Lenscrafters!).

I did learn last week that there may be a possibility of getting a part-time church this year which would be the best option. My DCOMM is requiring me to complete a CPE which is another thing that factors into this mess. If I have a church or part-time church the schedule would be flexible enough to complete a CPE. I came to the realization last week that if I don’t get a church I will have to get a full-time job and that will effectively put the breaks on becoming an Elder, seems how a full time job will not be flexible enough to complete CPE.

During all of this I am trying not to loose touch with the things that really matter. (Sorry if I just insulted anyone by insinuating that the ministry doesn’t matter, but compared to my family…it doesn’t.) My daughter decided to try on my tie this past week, and she proceeded to walk around for 15-20 playing with it. It was vary humors and provided me with a moment of pause, away from the worries of if I’m going to get a job, and where we are going to live. She has been growing in leaps and bounds and the reality is, she doesn’t care where she lives, or how much money we are making, she just wants to play and love us. I pray to God that I will not loose focus of that.

(P.S. I forgot to mention that Olivia had her first hair cut, so here is a picture of that to)

Comments

Art said…
Awwww, the tie and haircut pics are adorable.

Hey, praying for you and this work you have chosen (or was it chosen for you?)

Wishing you the all the best!
You don't need to differentiate between ministry and family; your family is your first ministry...always.

I'll be praying that the process works out for you...quickly!
wes said…
Thank you for your prayers, I will give an update in the next week because things have started to move very quickly.
John said…
My DS once told me "Remember, you're a husband first and a pastor second."

I have to do CPE as well. DCOM made it a contingency, and the Florida Conference informally requires it of all following a path toward ordination. Pastoring a church this summer during CPE is going to be really, really hard.

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer