New Home

Well we're here, we are finally moved in, at least mostly into our new home. I did take three pictures of the sanctuary to post. More pics will follow as we get each room in order. I am also starting my first week of full time church work today, I started on my sermon and some reading I want to accomplish that is church related. I'll bet a better idea of what the church expects from me tomorrow night when I have my first SPRC meeting. I also plan on getting back into the grove of posting at least once a week here on this blog about the various things I'm reading as well as picking up on my doctrinal blogging again (at least I hope).



This first picture is of the front of the sanctuary, you can tell that the church was built in the 50's by the A-frame style building. Also the stained glass shows a stylistic influence of the 50's. That being said I don't think it dates the building to much, things still look very contemporary which can be interpreted as a positive statment.



This photo is of the altar which is placed all the way up right in front of the window. Its a very interesting theological statment to me which I hope to reflect on more in another blog post.



This is a view that I will see a little more often, this is from the front to the back of the sanctuary. Notice the window located in the back, its looking out from the nursery so that people can watch from back there. The drums on the right side of the pic are not the churches, they belong to La Trinidad, the Hispanic Methodist church that meets in our building right after the service is over. I'll give more updates later, suffice it to say that we are very excited right now :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer