Existentialism part 2

In the existentialism book that I am reading I have covered Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Rilke, and Kafka today.
Kierkegaard - honestly I couldn't get into Kierkegaard, suprisingly the way he was speaking reminded me of many extreamly conservativs that I know and hence pushed me away from what he was saying. I do intend to get a single book of his and reading it, its always hard reading a selection because you sometimes miss the authors intent.
Nietzsche - one of the most "enjoyable" authors I read today. His writing style was down to earth and drew me in. I don't know that I agree with what he was speaking about as far as the interaction of individuals and or crowds and where the truth may lie in the two concepts. Nietzsche is now definatly on my list to read.
Rilke - by far the best one I've read so far. I have nothing to complain about with him and I am definatley getting a book by him so I can understand more and better.
Kafka - still don't like him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer