Unitarian Universalist Association

Well I'll say the wait finally seems to be over. I am beginning to feel good about the direction my life is taking. Currently right now I am apart of the United Church of Christ (UCC). I made the switch to UCC last year after struggling for months over my incompatiblity with the United Methodist church (UM), this all occured as a result of my theological development that started several years before. In the past few weeks I have been confronted by Liberal Christianity's inablity to answer questions, stand united, or to even convey a healthy spirituality for me (I will write more on this at another time.) Apart of that I have been confronted by several students as well as faculty members that are all in agreement that I don't belong in the UCC where I need to go is the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). This struggle has been long and difficult for me because I grew up in a tradition that to go UUA would be like taking the first step inton hell, willingly. But after consideration I have come to the conclusion that the UUA is the place for me. Unfortunatly I can't make the switch until May, this is due to the fact that I have to complete my field education which is currently at a UCC church that I am a member at. I feel better about this decision than I have of any in quite a long time.

I still have alot to consider and think about and I also have to figure out a way to break my parents into this. That will be the most difficult situation to take care of but I am confident that it can happen. As of right now I am going to throw myself whole heartedly into an group and organization that seems to be a perfect fit for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer