Death

So far in my ministry career I have done seven funerals but this week I had a first. I was with a family in hospice care when the individual died. Now everyone knew this was happening, including myself, and I stayed with the family the whole time because I knew they needed the support. When the individual died it didn't effect me that much. It wasn't until later in the afternoon when I had time to think about it that I could really reflect on how disturbing death really is. One moment your there, and the next your not. That's it. Nothing left to write. After reflecting on it a while I thank God for the faith I have because that is all your left with at the end of your life. I know I will carry this experience with me for my life. Its a difficult one to learn, but important and I know that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer