CMR reflection

Well this past week was pretty rough for me. Aparantly I let know my frustration with Christianity at the wrong time as normal. This semester part of our assignment for one class is to write our Critical Ministry Review paper. This paper is to express our belief on particular doctrines and our view of the ministry. So I just wrote this paper and then promply got some very harsh criticism on it in my class. Aparently not only did I not write the paper right but as far as I'm concerned we are not really able to express as an individual where I am truley at. Part of the expressed belief about this paper is that it would be a theological "snap shot" of where the individual is currently at. When I expressed where I was at it was quite obvious that I was frustrated with Christianity, others would say angry. I had begun to deconstruct my Christian beliefs well over a year and a half ago. The expressed purpose of the first year in seminary is to deconstruct the persons world view (as I just expressed I started this before my first year), the second year the seminary is going to help you reconstruct. Well I'm not ready for that and at this point for me it is not nessacary because I have to many questions that Christianity gives unsatisfactory answers to. I honestly believe that I am well on my way to becoming a Unitarian Universalist. And the events of the past week have only solidified in me my temporary status in liberal Christianity. So the moral of the story is that if you don't want to have a hard time in class don't truley express what you belive and how you see things because that is not what is wanted. I don't know how everything is going to turn out now and I will just continue my own path while giving people what they want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer