Listening to the Rain

Well I probably just had one of the nicest experience of my life. I don't even think "nicest" is the best way to discribe it, may be awe-some in the true sense of the word. This afternoon I had a meeting for my UCC polity class, I had to meet with several of the students to talk about a role playing 'game' that we are going to be participating in. Because I was watching Olivia ment that she got to come with me. When the meeting was done we came outside and it was just pouring rain. Olivia and I came home and sat on our front porch and watched the rain.

Because I have grown up partly deaf and at the moment it seems that trait has not been passed on to Olivia I found myself telling her to listen to the rain. It is amazing how all the people her and I watched walking up and down the road weren't listening to the rain. I hope and pray that she understands the significance of hearing the rain. Her and I sat there for an hour with no noise except the occaional person or car passing on the road and the sound of the rain pounding on the ground and on the roof of the porch. She gradually fell asleep to the sound in my arms and I continued to sit there and think about the wonderful gift of hearing and of rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer