Silence

The silence is deafening. When most people encounter silence they flee from it, quick turn on the TV. or the stereo. Don’t let the silence go to long, or else you might think about something you don’t want to.

The silence is deafening. Quick now lets do something have a conversation, read a book, make love. We can do anything to keep from meeting our true selves in the night.

The silence is deafening. For me this experience is regular. Even though I live in the city when I take my hearing aids off at night the silence takes over. I only have 30% of my hearing few deaf people that I have met have less hearing than I do. I don’t know if not being able to hear is an advantage for me in the different questions I love to explore, but I have found it slightly humorous. Most people fear the silence of not being able to hear, while I do fear that my hearing may get worse and I end up completely deaf I don’t fear the partial hearing loss that plunges me into a deep silence every night.

I have learned to value this experience. I have begun to learn to treasure this experience. As I take deeper journeys into my own life I am beginning to appreciate those experiences that are unique to me, experiences that very few others get to have.

The silence is deafening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer