Circle

The circular pattern of life really is amazing. As an individual I always think that I know the truth about it and I live comfortable within the knowledge that I am living each moment to the fullest. However this past week blatantly pointed out my personal failure in that regard. This past week I experienced the death of a very good friend, his name was Solomon. He was an adopted grandfather to my daughter, he helped or I should say that he did heat our home last year when we couldn’t afford to. Solomon alone contributed hundreds of dollars to my daughter’s college fund. On Thursday of last week he had a massive heart attack, and died shortly there after.

Then on Friday, my family and I went to the wedding of old friends. Their new life together is exciting and thrilling. Their happiness overflowed and all of us spent the night dancing, loving, and laughing. My daughter was the flower girl, I was an usher, and my wife played a waltz for the bride and her grandfather to dance to. It was incredible and beautiful, their wedding is a memory I will treasure forever. All of that said I’ve seen the extremes of life this week. I saw the death of a young man (he was only 57). I saw the marriage of good friends and the happiness of my 15 month old daughter as she danced around the dance floor. This week has shown me even more clearly the need to live now, to enjoy life now, to cry, and to laugh now. Don’t wait for something to happen to learn this lesson, live your life NOW.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wes said…
I have choosen to make it that you must have an identity inorder to post. I do this because if people want to post reply 4x larger than my origional post and not leave a name, not to mention dribble that isn't worth anything and has pretty much nothing to do with the post, than those individuals don't need to leave a comment. I am perfectly happy posting and not caring if anyone is listening.

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer