The Celts a History

Wow, I'm getting two posts in today, I must really be sick. I finished reading "The Celts a History" today. My reading has been slow for the last several months because of working two jobs and a lack of drive to read when I have time off. This past weekend I was able to purchase three books, this being one of them.

I wouldn't say this is a particularly thrilling read. I picked it up because near as I can figure Irish factors heavily in my family tree. Celts are of course one of the main players in Irish history. This read was a little disappointing in the fact that while it did fair justice in trying to paint an accurate picture of various point of Celtic life it also got bogged down in the linguistics. For someone who doesn't know ancient Celtic nor many of the words that developed from them it was a little frustrating.

Over all it wasn't a bad read I rate it as a fair if you like to read history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer