Workin it Out

As I posted yesterday I am sick, I should say I'm still sick. This is the first Sunday I have had to miss because I was sick so I pray that everything went well this morning. So I spent time watching Wall-e with Olvia and working on the service for next week, which is somthing I normally do on Sunday afternoons. Olivia is still very sick, if I had to say for myself I'm on the up swing already. I think I caught it soon enough with medicine, my biggest problem right now is I'm very sore as my body continues to fight this sickness.

I spent time this morning and early afternoon reading some of the recent books I got with my business expense account. One is "Sabbath in the City" by Bryan P. Stone and Claire E. Wolfteich. I'll post more on this when I'm done reading it but right now I can say that I am strongly identifying with what is being written about urban ministries.

A few posts ago I wrote that I was going on a retreat for the Provisioners, and only now am I getting some time to update on that retreat. It was awsome. I told Katie that this maybe the only time I was thankful that someone required a retreat. The time was productive, I felt intouch with God, and reminded by God to direct time for my own development. One of the things that came of the retreat is that I am unhappy doing office hours. The only reason I was doing them was to make myself availble to people but of course in the last 4 months no one has come by. So I've dropped them, I am making full use of my secretary to screen the phone calls and set up meetings for me. This week, as long as everyone starts to feel better I'm going to try and start putting time out in the community, even if that means reading in Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts. I'm also hoping and praying that I will be able to blog more as I make more time for myself and my family.

Comments

Art said…
Get well soon, Wes!

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer