Ecclesiastes 4:4-6

Ecclesiastes 4:4-6 4 And I saw that all labor and all achievement spring from man's envy of his neighbor. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. 5 The fool folds his hands and ruins himself. 6 Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.

Its taken me now almost three weeks to write anything on this chapter in Ecclesiastes. I’ve been busy. With Lent going on and Easter now just over the horizon I have found less and less time to do things like visitation, and meditation. When I sat down this morning to look at one of the verses in chapter four that I had underlined I hit upon these verses. This is a great reminder in times of running around that sometimes we are better off stopping and making ourselves relax. It is difficult to do, and in fact sometimes it seems down right contradictory to getting more done. But it is a necessary part of our life. I think the Teacher in Ecclesiastes knew this well and maybe that was part of his intent? I don’t know, I’ll need more time to reflect on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ortega: "Man Has No Nature"

Theology vs. Scripture

Stewardship Prayer